Applicable International References
The science-based standards, guidelines and recommendations issued by the OIE are designated as the international reference in dealing with avian influenza . The OIE's Specialist Commissions use current scientific information to continually develop and improve international standards and address scientific and technical issues when dealing with avian influenza.
The specific applicable codes, standards, decisions and guidelines that address the key elements for the prevention, control and progressive eradication of avian influenza are referenced under "Prevention and Control". Listed here are relevant OIE recommendations.
- OIE Workshop on Avian Influenza: Emergency Control Management, Doha, Qatar, May 6-8, 2007
- Special Meeting of the 13th Meeting of the OIE Sub-Commission for foot and mouth disease in South East Asia on "Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza and Strengthening of Veterinary Services" - Siem Reap, Cambodia, March 16, 2007
- Meeting on highly pathogenic avian influenza in Europe - OIE, Paris, February 27-28, 2006
- OIE/FAO International Scientific Conference on Avian Influenza - OIE, Paris, April 7-8, 2005
- Second FAO/OIE Regional Meeting on Avian Influenza Control in Asia - Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, February 23 - 25, 2005
- Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza in Africa: A Strategy and Proposed Programme to Limit Spread and Build Capacity for Epizootic Disease Control