Dr Leif Denneberg, Chief Veterinary Officer, Swedish Board of Agriculture, informed the OIE that a simulation exercise on foot and mouth disease (FMD) will be carried out in Sweden from 22 to 29 October 2010.
The exercise involves a national and a local disease control centre as well as cooperating authorities and organisations.
The aim of the exercise is to:
- improve the ability to combat epizootic diseases,
- test and evaluate the contingency plan,
- set up the new crisis organisation,
- apply improved management methods,
- introduce a new computerized disease control management system.
Animal Health Information Department
World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE)