Applications shall be submitted in accordance with Article 1 of the Internal Rules and should include the following information:
1. Name and address of applicant institution(s) (telephone and fax numbers, e-mail address, Web site).
2. Name of Director(s) of the institution(s).
3. Name of proposed Head of the Collaborating Centre.
4. The speciality for which the applicant wishes to be considered.
5. A description or an organisational chart of the proposed Collaborating Centre and the institution(s) hosting it.
6. Relevant legal and budgetary provisions in place that provide assurance on the sustainability and functioning of the centre.
7. Summary of recent activities within the speciality as an international centre of research, scientific expertise, standardisation of techniques and dissemination of knowledge.
8. Summary of recent activities on the development of methods and procedures that will facilitate harmonisation of international standards and guidelines applicable to the designated speciality.
9. Recent provision of expert consultancy, or scientific and technical training for the OIE or OIE Members other than the one in which the proposed Centre is located.
10. Recent international scientific meetings organised by the proposed Collaborating Centre.
11. List of current activities relevant to the mandate and speciality of the Centre carried out in collaboration with other centres, laboratories or organisations.
12. List of recent publications of international significance within the proposed speciality.
13. Information on professional experience and relevant expertise of the proposed Head of the Collaborating Centre and the scientists who will work within the proposed Collaborating Centre demonstrating their competence in the speciality.
14. Where the proposed Centre involves more than one institution or research group, robust governance arrangements should be documented, to ensure clear lines of communication and accountability. Direct OIE Member involvement in governance arrangements, with appropriate financial support, is recommended.
The application will be processed by OIE in accordance with Articles 2, 3 and 4 of the Internal Rules.