Applications shall be submitted in accordance with Article 1 of the Internal Rules and should include the following information:
1. Name of expert (an informal curriculum vitae and documented proof of international recognition for his/her expertise, e.g. publications in peer-reviewed journals, awards, membership in high-profile academic boards, should be included).
2. Name and address of laboratory (telephone and fax numbers, e-mail address, Web site).
3. Name of the Head of laboratory (Responsible Official).
4. Relevant legal and budgetary provisions in place that provide assurance on the sustainability and functioning of the laboratory.
5. Experience in diagnostic testing for the disease according to the OIE Standards (approximate number of tests performed annually for each technique).
6. Additional expertise in diagnostic techniques (agent characterisation techniques, molecular techniques, monoclonal antibody techniques, etc.), epidemiology and control of the disease.
7. Experience in standardisation and validation of diagnostic tests.
8. Reagent production capability (provide details of current stock of reagents for the disease).
9. Capability for timely international shipment and receipt of samples in accordance with the requirements for postage and packaging of biological materials described in the OIE Manual of Diagnostic Tests and vaccines for Terrestrial Animals, and the OIE Terrestrial Animal Health Code or the OIE Aquatic Animal Health Code.
10. Guarantees to ensure that staff respect the confidential nature of certain subjects, results or communications.
11. Current and completed research and methods development projects on the disease, including a list of relevant publications.
12. Training and consultation experience for the disease in the last two years (courses provided, number of people trained, examples of international consultation).
13. Contribution to the preparation or reviewing of reference documents (chapters for the OIE Manual of Diagnostic Tests and Vaccines for Terrestrial Animals, OIE Manual of Diagnostic Tests for Aquatic Animals, disease cards, etc.).
The application will be processed by OIE in accordance with Articles 2, 3 and 4 of the Internal Rules.