- FAo/OIE Publications
- CALL FOR POSTERS
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- CONTACT US
Goals of the Conference
As agreed during the first Global FMD Conference in Paraguay, the second conference in Bangkok will have a technical session and a second session mainly dedicated to socio-economic aspects.
During the conference in Bangkok, Thailand, from June 26-29, 2012., experts will present an analysis of the global FMD situation, the socio-economic impact of the disease, the progress achieved with existing regional FMD control initiatives and ‘state of the art’ overviews regarding vaccines, diagnostic methods and current research. This will be followed by presentation of the Global FMD Control Strategy, the tools and methods it will employ and the gaps and needs that should be addressed to achieve sustainable progress. The budget required to implement the strategy during the first five years will also be presented.
Donors and representatives of FMD-free and FMD-infected countries and regions will also have an opportunity to present their views.
The meeting will be attended by ministers, high-level officials of Veterinary Services, veterinary private practitioners, and representatives of governmental and non-governmental organizations, scientists and multilateral and bilateral funding partners. This Global Conference will also be open to all other participants who are interested in the topic.
The Conference will be held at the Hotel Plaza Athenee, Bangkok, Thailand and simultaneous translation into English, French and Spanish will be offered during the conference.
- Terrestrial Animal Health Code 2011-Chap.3.1 (Veterinary services)
- Terrestrial Animal Health Code 2011-Chap.8.5 (Foot and mouth disease)
- Manual for Terrestrial Animals 2011-Chap.2.1.5 (Foot and mouth disease)
- The Progressive Control Pathway for FMD control (PCP-FMD) Principles, Stage Descriptions and Standards
- The Global Foot and Mouth Disease Control Strategy