Finance and Administrative Assistant – OIE Sub-Regional Representation – Tunis, Tunisia
|Positioning and reporting |
Based in Tunis, Tunisia
Under the supervision of the Sub-Regional Representative for North Africa in Tunis
|Contract duration: 3 years (renewable) |
Salary: 800€ /950€ net / monthdepending on experience
The Finance and Administrative Assistant contributes to the execution of a wide range of financial services and administrative processes of the Representation, ensuring timeliness, efficiency and transparent use of financial resources and delivery of services in accordance with organizational financial rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
The Financial and Administrative Assistant promotes a client-oriented approach, in liaison and coordination with the OIE Headquarters, to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
|Missions and activities |
Ensures implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
Provide finance and administrative support:
• Advise the Sub-Regional Representative on administrative and finance reporting, clearance procedures on finance, procurement, recruitment, payments, travel, etc. in accordance with OIE Note de Service;
• Draft administrative and financial management correspondence and be responsible for follow-up;
• Assume responsibility for stationery stocks, office forms, leave applications, mission orders, etc.;
• Collect and analyse quotations for purchase or lease of equipment, services and materials for the office and prepare and follow up on procurement requests;
• Realize the classification and archive of the files;
• Supervise support staff in charge of adequate maintenance of offices, buildings and vehicles;
• Organize the logistics of regional technical meetings in the sub-region ( travel, hotel reservations,logistics related to the conferences,etc……) as well the missions and trips of representative and his staff;
• Keeps up-to-date the accounting documents (cash journal, bank journal,etc….) in close collaboration with accounting and budget team of the HQ in Paris,prepares the financial and accounting.
Manage the accounting work:
• Record and archive the accounting documents;
• Contribute to the monthly entry of cash and bank transactions in treasury journals;
• Ensure bank reconciliations;
• Verify the accounting documents are correct and eligible;
• Prepare the monthly financial report for the various accounts for approval by the Sub-Regional Representative and submission to the OIE Head Office in Paris;
• Monitor payment requests, obtain necessary clearance and ensure payments are affected promptly;
• Assist in the drafting of accounting procedures;
• Advise and assist international staff, experts, consultants, and other staff on aspects of allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial matters;
Contribute to budget activities:
• Assist in the preparation and the follow-up of the annual budget of the SRR;
• Assist in the preparation and the follow-up of the budget of the regional events.
Assist OIE headquarters in the development and formalization of accounting procedures.
|Qualifications and Experience Qualifications |
Undergraduate degree (bachelor or similar) in Finance, Accounting, or related fields (business or public Administration) is required;
5 years of proven professional experience, including at least 2 years in financial management/accounting experience including the preparation of budgets.
Requirements Technical skills
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and spreadsheet and database packages;
Experience in the use of SAGE is an asset;
Strong knowledge of financial rules and regulations and accounting principles;
Ability to administer and execute financial and accounting processes and transactions;
Fluent in French, English & Arabic
Additional skills Interpersonal skills
Strong communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal)
Demonstrated skills in interpersonal relations
Demonstrated ability to be organised, independent,
Capacity to work with multiple team members in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
|Working conditions |
Generally, this position will follow the working conditions and benefits set for OIE staff as international civil servants.
In addition, being based in Tunis, Tunisia, the position will also follow general Tunisian Labour Law working conditions.
Minimum 40 hours for 5 days in a week with 25 days statutory leave annually.
|General Information |
The OIE places high value on a multicultural and positive work environment.
The OIE is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications of all qualified candidates, irrespective of their ethnic origin, gender, opinions, or beliefs.
If you are interested in the position, please complete your application online by 22 June 2021 at the latest by clicking on the link below.