Simulation exercise: Civil protection in Lithuania
Dr Darius Remeika, Director of the State Food and Veterinary Service of the Republic of Lithuania informed the OIE that a remote table top civil protection exercise “Actions of civil protection entities in the event of epizootics” will take place on 8 October 2020 in Lithuania.
An outbreak of highly pathogenic avian influenza at three commercial poultry farms in Lithuania will be simulated.
Ministries, municipal administrations, the Central Veterinary Authority and its local divisions will be involved in the exercise.
The purpose of this exercise is:
- to test the emergency preparedness and response of the institutions participating in the outbreak eradication;
- to assess the interinstitutional communication;
- to evaluate information exchange procedures;
- to check the procedure for mobilisation of material and human resources;
- and to evaluate public information decisions.
World Animal Health Information and Analysis Department
World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE)