Simulation exercise: Foot and mouth disease in Estonia
Dr Olev Kalda, Deputy Director General of the Veterinary and Food Board of the Republic of Estonia informed the OIE that a simulation exercise on foot and mouth disease is taking place from 14 March to 7 June 2018 in Estonia. This simulation exercise comprises 2 seminars, 11 table-top exercises in local veterinary centres and a conclusive seminar for all participants.
The overall aim of this simulation exercise is to:
- Recognise foot and mouth disease,
- Take, pack and store samples in case of foot and mouth disease suspicion,
- Set up a disinfection point at the entrance to a farm,
- Practise proper biosecurity measures for entering and leaving the farm,
- Deal with emergency response for foot and mouth disease.
This simulation exercise is directed to official veterinary inspectors responsible for animal health control in the country.
World Animal Health Information and Analysis Department
World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE)