Simulation Exercise: Foot and mouth disease in Sweden
Dr Leif Denneberg, Chief Veterinary Officer, Swedish Board of Agriculture, informed the OIE that a simulation exercise on foot and mouth disease (FMD) will be carried out in Sweden from 22 to 29 October 2010.
The exercise involves a national and a local disease control centre as well as cooperating authorities and organisations.
The aim of the exercise is to:
– improve the ability to combat epizootic diseases,
– test and evaluate the contingency plan,
– set up the new crisis organisation,
– apply improved management methods,
– introduce a new computerized disease control management system.
Animal Health Information Department
World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE)