- About Food Safety Role of Veterinary Services OIE Activities
International Collaboration Media Resources
Learn more and help spread the word about the importance of controlling pathogens at their animal source with the tools below.
Social Media Tools
The OIE has developed key messages, emphasised by visuals, to raise awareness on animal production food safety. Intended to highlight the important role of the Veterinary Services on animal production food safety, these could be shared on various social media platforms to reach out to various stakeholders.
World Food Safety Day
June 7th has been declared World Food Safety Day by the United Nations. This initiative is a response to the need of addressing the global burdens of foodborne diseases. It is an opportunity to communicate on the importance of food safety and the collaboration necessary to ensure that safe food is accessible to communities worldwide.
- 01/08/2018 G20 Agriculture Ministers support the implementation of OIE Standards to achieve a sustainable food future
- 07/04/2015 Food safety, inseparable from strong and efficient animal health systems
- 23/05/2011 Shortage in number of veterinarians is a major constraint to world food security and safety
- 24/05/2010 Private agri-food industry expresses its views on public and private standards