Agreement with the International Association for Biologicals (IABs)
THE INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR BIOLOGICALS (IABs)
THE OFFICE INTERNATIONAL DES EPIZOOTIES (OIE)
Adopted by the IABs and the OIE on 28 May 2004
1. The Office International des Épizooties (World Organisation for Animal Health), hereinafter referred to as OIE, and the International Association for Biologicals, hereinafter referred to as IABs, will keep the other party informed of its activities which may be of mutual interest.
2. Each organisation will invite the other party to participate as observer in its meetings where matters of mutual interest may arise and make the reports of these meetings available. In particular, IABs will invite OIE to select a representative of OIE to serve as a Permanent Advisor to the IABs Board of Directors and to the IABs Veterinary Scientific Committee.
3. The OIE and IABs will exchange their catalogue of available publications to enable both organisations to request publications on activities related to their work. OIE and IABs will exchange a free copy of each document and publication on subjects of mutual interest. Both organisations will benefit from the concessionary rates applied to their affiliated members or organisations for further orders of publications.
4. The two organisations will endeavour to cooperate further through both formal and informal consultations on issues of common interest, in particular on issues listed below.
ISSUES OF COMMON INTEREST
- The use of biologicals in the control of notifiable diseases;
- Issues concerning the standardisation and the control of biological medicinal products for veterinary use such as vaccines and blood products;
- Veterinary research related to animal diseases and zoonoses;
- Exchange of views on relevant aspects of animal health and zoonoses;
- Organisation of international conferences.