Agreement with the International Council for Laboratory Animal Science (ICLAS)
THE WORLD ORGANISATION FOR ANIMAL HEALTH (OIE)
THE INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL FOR LABORATORY ANIMAL SCIENCE (ICLAS)
Adopted by ICLAS and the OIE on 27 May 2008
With a view to encouraging collaboration between the two signatories of the agreement on the following issues of common interest:
- The promotion of high standards of animal care and use in education, research, testing and diagnostic work
- Cooperation in the development and revision of international animal welfare standards and guidelines relevant for both organisations
- The role and responsibilities of the veterinary profession in the welfare of animals used in experimental work.
- Relationships between private veterinarians and the Veterinary Authority
1) The OIE will invite the ICLAS to participate, free of registration or other charges, in meetings and conferences that address issues of common interest, not including closed or confidential meetings.
2) The ICLAS will invite the OIE to participate, free of registration or other charges, in similar activities that address issues of common interest, not including closed or confidential meetings.
3) The OIE and ICLAS will exchange their catalogue of publications to enable both organisations to request publications on activities related to their work. OIE and ICLAS will exchange, free of charge, copies of documents and publications on subjects of mutual interest. Both organisations will benefit from concessionary rates when ordering publications.
4) As required, the OIE and the ICLAS will hold meetings and exchange views on issues of common interest.
5) As requested, the OIE and ICLAS could propose experts to participate in ICLAS or OIE working groups or committees on subjects of mutual interest.
6) OIE will be kept informed of all ICLAS Scientific Regional meetings that will be held every year in the different parts of the world. If requested, ICLAS will facilitate participation of to OIE representatives.
Dr Bernard Vallat
Chairman of Governing Board ICLAS
Director General OIE