Agreement with the International Dairy Federation (IDF)
THE INTERNATIONAL DAIRY FEDERATION (IDF)
THE OFFICE INTERNATIONAL DES EPIZOOTIES (OIE)
Adopted by the IDF and by the OIE on 19 May 2003
1. The Office International des Épizooties (World Organisation for Animal Health), hereinafter referred to as OIE, and the International Dairy Federation, hereinafter referred to as IDF, will keep the other party informed of its activities which may be of mutual interest.
2. Each organisation will invite the other party to participate as observer in its meetings where matters of mutual interest may arise and make the reports of these meetings available.
3. The OIE and IDF will exchange their catalogue of available publications to enable both organizations to request publications on activities related to their work. OIE and IDF will exchange free copies of documents and publications on subjects of mutual interest. Both organizations will benefit from the concessionary rates applied to their affiliated members or organizations for further orders of publications.
4. The two organisations will endeavour to cooperate further through both formal and informal consultations on issues of common interest, in particular on issues listed below.
Issues of common interest:
- The provision of general information on the dairy sector, particularly on its relations and interactions with official veterinary services
- Veterinary research into diseases of milk producing species
- Cooperation in the development and revision of international animal health and zoonoses standards relevant to the international trade of milk and milk products
- Exchange of views on the approach by intergovernmental bodies such as WHO, FAO and their subsidiary body (Codex Alimentarius) on disease surveillance and control strategies which may impact on the dairy sector and/or on international trade
- Exchange of views and participation at meetings on relevant aspects of animal health and zoonoses, animal welfare and food safety