Agreement with the Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center (SEAFDEC)
THE SOUTHEAST ASIAN FISHERIES DEVELOPMENT CENTER (SEAFDEC)
THE WORLD ORGANISATION FOR ANIMAL HEALTH (OIE)
Adopted by the SEAFDEC and the OIE on 17 May 2005
Whereas the World Organisation for Animal Health (hereinafter referred to as “OIE”) and the Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center (hereinafter referred to as “SEAFDEC”) wish to cooperate in the field of aquatic animal health and aquatic products food safety in Southeast Asia (hereinafter referred to as the SEAFDEC region);
Therefore the Parties have agreed as follows:
Either Party will keep the other informed of its activities of mutual interest in relation to aquatic animal health and aquatic product food safety in the SEAFDEC region.
Either Party will invite the other to participate as an observer in its open meetings where matters of mutual interest will arise, and will exchange reports in matters of aquatic animal health in the SEAFDEC region, including sharing results of joint meetings.
Both Parties will exchange documents on subjects of mutual interest in relation to the management of aquatic animal health in the SEAFDEC region.
Both Parties will endeavor to develop further cooperation through both formal and informal consultations on issue of common interest.
Areas of cooperation
The Parties will cooperate in the following areas:
- technical cooperation on aquatic animal health and aquatic products food safety;
- promotion of the use of International Standards; the OIE Aquatic Animal Health Code and the OIE Diagnostic Manual for Aquatic Animal Diseases. For this purpose, the OIE provides SEAFDEC with the latest version of the Code and the Manual. ) ;
- exchange of information and working programmes;
- organisation of workshops, meetings or seminars on aquatic animal diseases, food safety of aquatic animal products, aquatic animal welfare and risk analysis methods;
- organisation of workshops, meetings or seminars on harmonisation procedures for control of aquatic animal diseases ;and
- elaboration of further coordination of common regional activities for aquatic animal health of SEAFDEC and the OIE Regional Representation for Asia and the Pacific;
Duration and validity
This agreement shall enter into force on the date of signature by both Parties and shall remain valid until termination.
Each Party may propose termination of this Agreement by giving the other Party three (3) months written notice of its intention to terminate this Agreement.
Either Party may propose amendments to this Agreement by giving a written notification of such amendments.
Agreements on proposed amendments shall be reached through an exchange of letters.
In witness wherefore, the parties have signed this agreement.
Secretary General of SEAFDEC
Director General of the OIE