Agreement with the World Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians (WAVLD)
THE WORLD ASSOCIATION OF VETERINARY LABORATORY DIAGNOSTICIANS (WAVLD)
THE WORLD ORGANISATION OF ANIMAL HEALTH (OIE)
Adopted on 7 February 2006
1. The World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) hereinafter referred as OIE, and the World Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians, hereinafter referred as WAVLD, will keep the other party informed of it activities which may be of mutual interest.
2. Each organization will invite the other party to participate as observer in these meetings where matters of mutual interest may arise and make the reports of these meetings available.
3. In particular, WAVLD will invite the OIE to select a representative of the OIE to serve as a Permanent Advisor to the WAVLD Board of Directors.
4. The OIE and the WAVLD will exchange their catalogues of available publications to enable both organizations to request publications on activities related to their work. OIE and WAVLD will exchange a free copy of each document and publications on subjects of mutual interest.
5. Both organizations will benefit from the concessionary rates applied to their affiliated members or organizations for further orders of publications and meetings.
6. The two organizations will endeavor to cooperate further through both formal and informal consultations on issues of common interest, in particular on issues listed below.
ISSUES OF COMMON INTEREST
- The use of diagnostic tests in the control of infectious animal diseases and zoonosis.
- Facilitate the organization of partnerships, twinnings and associations of veterinary laboratories and veterinary diagnosticians in all countries of the world.
- Enhance the capability of Member Countries on the standardization and harmonization of the use of diagnostic techniques according with the OIE standards.
- Disseminate the latest information relating to the diagnosis of animal diseases and zoonoses through the planning and delivery of outstanding continuing educational workshops, seminars, and international conferences.
- Provide consulting assistance to Member Countries on the state of the art infrastructures technology, bioconfinement standards; and accreditation for veterinary laboratory diagnostics.
- Provide advice on veterinary research related to diagnostic of animal diseases and zoonosis.
- Other activities that may be conducted to improve the health and welfare of animals through the world.
Mr Craig Carter
Dr Bernard Vallat
Secretary-Treasurer of the WAVLD