Agreement with the World Metereological Organization
THE WORLD ORGANISATION FOR ANIMAL HEALTH (OIE)
THE WORLD METEOROLOGICAL ORGANIZATION (WMO)
Adopted by OIE and WMO on 8 September 2009
The World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE), hereinafter referred to as the OIE, and the World Meteorological Organization, hereinafter referred to as the WMO, have agreed to cooperate, in particular through the following activities:
1.The two organisations will keep each other informed of activities that may be of mutual interest.
2. Each organisation will invite the other party to participate as an observer in its meetings where matters of mutual interest may arise, and will make the reports of these meetings available.
3. The OIE and the WMO will exchange their catalogue of publications to enable both organisations to request publications on activities related to their work. The OIE and the WMO will exchange free copies of documents and publications on subjects of mutual interest. The two organisations will benefit from the concessionary rates applied to their Members or affiliated organisations for further orders of publications.
4. The two organisations will endeavour to cooperate further through both formal and informal consultations on issues of common interest, in particular the issues listed below:
ISSUES OF COMMON INTEREST
- The dissemination of general information on climatology and global warming;
- Studying the effects of climate variability and climate change on the development of animal diseases worldwide;
- Setting up an early warning system, based on climate information, for pathogens of animal origin, and strategies for managing climate-related risks;
- Collaboration with other intergovernmental organisations, in particular the WHO and FAO on problems relating to climate and diseases.
Mr Michel Jarraud
Director General of the OIE