Agreement with the World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA)
THE WORLD ORGANISATION FOR ANIMAL HEALTH (OIE)
THE WORLD SOCIETY FOR THE PROTECTION OF ANIMALS (WSPA)
Adopted by the WSPA and the OIE on 15 May 2007
With a view to encouraging collaboration between the two signatories of the agreement on the following issues of common interest:
- The role and responsibilities of the veterinary profession in animal welfare.
- Cooperation in the development and revision of international animal welfare standards and guidelines relevant for both organisations
- Relationships between private veterinarians and veterinary administrations,
- The control and eradication of serious animal diseases including zoonoses.
- Development of dialogue and sharing of positions on issues of common interest to Animal Welfare NGOs, as represented by the WSPA, and the OIE.
1) The OIE will invite the WSPA to participate as an observer in meetings and conferences that are organised to address issues of common interest.
2) The WSPA will invite the OIE to participate in similar activities that address issues of common interest.
3) The OIE and WSPA will exchange their catalogue of publications to enable both organisations to request publications on activities related to their work. OIE and WSPA will exchange, free of charge, copies of documents and publications on subjects of mutual interest. Both organisations will benefit from concessionary rates when ordering publications.
4) As required, the OIE and the WSPA will hold meetings and exchange views on issues of common interest.
Major General Peter Davies
Dr Bernard Vallat
Director General of the WSPA
Director General of the OIE